Derby d'Italia opens the opportunity for Juventus to right their wrongs after a disappointing Wednesday show.
This match comes off after a disappointing result on Wednesday's Champions League match in Turin. Many fans still haven't got over it and Max Allegri's side finally gets their chance to right their wrongs.
The Derby d'Italia has always got some heat with it. Arguably one of the most heated rivalries in the history of football where recent results don't count, or where and when they face each other. Each side always has something to prove.
However, one should not overlook the key differences between the teams. Juventus have done well getting maximum points from their three opening matches so far. Fighting off Fiorentins's resistance in a 2-1 victory, containing Lazio in a close 1-0 win and dispatching a dangerous Sassuolo side in a first half blitz ending 3-1.
Inter Milan on the other side lie currently in the 10th place after amassing just four points in their opening three matches against bottom place sides.
Judging from the key difference, it's save to say that Juventus can do more damage to an already unimpressive Inter Milan side, if they convert their chances well enough.
THINGS TO WATCH OUT FOR
1. A more focused Juventus side: The disappointing results against Sevilla was a heavy blow. Juventus spent a lot in the summer in order to build a squad capable of competing with the big boys, and a draw with a Sevilla side who lost their coach and a host of key players in the transfer window was the least everyone expected. It's not like the boys didn't create chances at all, they just failed to make enough out of them.
However, a focused and determined Juventus side will do a lot of damage to Inter Milan and get all three points. Inter Milan's recent tactics have exposed a lot of weaknesses in their full backs, Juventus can do well to take advantage of them.
2. How the Juventus defense will contain Mauro Icardi: Mauro Icardi has scored all of Inter Milan's three goals this season and coupled with the fact that he's always scored against Juventus, it is very important that the defense keeps him at bay. Shutting him out is a sure bet that Inter Milan will not be able to produce any attacking threat from their side.
3. If and where Pjanic plays: Miralem Pjanic's exclusion on Wednesday's starting lineup is one of the reasons why Max Allegri was solely blamed for the disappointing result. His first official match came last weekend against Sassuolo and we all saw how good he looked. We have no reason to think he won't be in the starting lineup this time although we all thought the same on Wednesday's night.
4. Can Paolo Dybala break his goal-scoring duck tonight?: The young Argentine is one of the brightest in the Juventus team. He hasn't failed to deliver a good performance this season on any occasion. But there's only one thing missing, a goal. With all the fouls and hooks from the back, Paolo Dybala has been a pivot in the Juventus lineup, linking the midfield to the attack and many times dropping back deep helping the defense.
We hope he gets a goal tonight so we can have one of those Dybala moments and a happy face on his girlfriend. Yay!!!
5. Moah goals from Gonzalo Higuain
MY STARTING LINEUP
Juventus (3-5-2): Buffon; Barzagli, Bonucci, Chiellini; Litchsteiner, Khedira, Lemina, Pjanic, Alex Sandro; Dybala, Higuain;